Laser eye surgery is considered to be a safe procedure that is commonly heard and widely accepted in the correction of vision. With the number of eye hospitals and laser clinics cropping up, your decision in choosing ‘the one which is just right for you’ may not always be easy and quite confusing too!
Let your best choice be the one that has a cutting edge when compared with others. But how does one drive to this choice and take the right decision based on it?
Few key points below are indicators that could guide you in the selection process. These aspects are inter dependent and not based on any one single factor.
- The technology: Is the most advanced technology being utilized? Are the laser platforms time tested and best in the industry?
- The surgeon: Is the expertise and experience of the surgeon good enough? Skills vary from surgeon to surgeon. An element of trust develops when you realize that you are in the safe hands.
- World class customized treatment: Vision correction is not just a simple refractive correction but an enhancement of vision. An ideal treatment goes beyond just technology and surgeon and involves the overall ‘brand experience’ you receive, be it in terms of accreditations for benchmarking quality or the mere smile of satisfaction from a happy patient. Every little aspect counts as far as treatment is concerned.
- Commitment to highest quality ophthalmic care: Do you find the hospital committed to the highest quality in terms care and expertise? Ask for accreditations and achievements in healthcare.
- High overall successful outcome in maximum procedures conducted: This is an important aspect for a well experienced hospital/clinic. Check it out.
- The cost factor: Isn’t your eye is too precious to be compromised on major decisions which would matter for an entire lifetime? One can easily get carried away by the gamut of glossy and catchy advertising which may be misleading and not always prove to be real worth. A thorough understanding of the overall benefits matters as cost is not the only deciding factor.
- The facilities offered in the clinic: Better and wide range of facilities offered under a single roof so that you need not go out even for essential tests or emergency situations in case of any. Do the hospital/ clinic have them?
- The team: It is an entire team that works on your eye. Your evaluation on the kind of response from the calls made or consultations done would help you to decide on your final selection.
- Openness and Transparency in dealings: A well developed hospital/clinic is clear in terms of openness and transparency in its dealings with the patients and all those who are concerned.
Know more about your Laser Eye surgery hospital/clinic
- Visit the site and understand the details.
- Ask for referrals from patients/well wishers/friends.
- Speak to patients who have already undergone treatment.
- Check for testimonials
- Contact/visit the hospital or clinic directly to clarify your doubts if any.
You should be advised the best option based on your suitability for the procedure.
Importance of the right choice for selection of hospital/clinic for your Laser Eye surgery:
- An ethical clinic that cares for you will guide you step by step towards your goal.
- They should address your fears- of complications, infections, dissatisfaction, or future vision issues.
- Benefits of comfortable laser surgery without pain or discomfort thereby helping you to regain normal lifestyle in the easiest manner.
- Optimizes the safety of your eyes.
- Well defined accuracy in the expected visual results.
- Wide options to choose or alternate remedies. Variety of choices would give you a wide selection of treatment options.
- Long term effectiveness of the treatment. Certain treatments may have certain side effects in the long run which may require further treatment to resolve. A good centre would understand your need and suggest the best treatment that is most effective for you with minimal side effects.
- Long term visual satisfaction.
Your vision is important as is the right selection of the centre or doctor you choose with whom to undergo your laser eye surgery.
You would realize the difference from the very first impression through a visit or even a cal!
You get closer to your right selection of the best laser eye clinic when you are determined to move an extra step towards, it rather than settling with the one most nearest to you.
Ask for an appointment with us for a thorough evaluation and consultation.